California Medical Provider Network (MPN) and Employee Information
September 17, 2010
Medical Provider Network (MPN) and Employee Information
The Division of Workers Compensation in
is amending its regulations regarding Medical Provider Networks (MPN) and employee information effective
October 8, 2010. As part of the amendment, employers and insurers are required to revise employee notices and workers compensation posters
to comply with the new regulations.
To assist you in complying with the new regulations, we are providing: (1) the complete MPN Employee Notification; (2) the
MPN Employee Notification posting notice; (3) the new workers compensation posting notice (DWC-7); (4) the new workers compensation
claim form (DWC-1); and (5) the new hire pamphlet link for ordering these materials.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you are currently enrolled in an MPN, the MPN Employee Notification posting notice should be posted next to the new workers
compensation posting notices in a conspicuous place for all employees.
- A written copy of the complete MPN Employee Notification should be provided to all employees at the time of implementation
and time of hire. This notification can be provided electronically.
- The Updated Employee Poster (DWC-7) should be posted immediately and replace the existing posting notice in your workplace.
- The Workers Compensation Claim Form (DWC-1) along with the Notice of Potential Eligibility should be made available to each
employee at the time of injury.
- The New Hire Pamphlet should be given to each new employee at the time of hire.
At Chubb, we believe that timely, early reporting of a claim is the best approach to containing your workers compensation
costs and assuring your employees receive appropriate medical care. Participation in the MPN will help support medical cost
containment and facilitate prompt return to work. If you do not already participate in the MPN and are interested in participating,
please notify Chubb prior to implementation so that you will be in compliance.
To find a medical center in the MPN follow these steps:
- Go to "http://www.corvel.com
- Click "PROVIDER LOOK-UP"
- Click "Find a Provider"
- Select a Network "California MPN"
- Enter your zip code
- Under Specialty, select "Occupational Medical Center", then click "Find Providers"
- This will provide you with a list of medical clinics in your area that are part of the MPN
Thank you for your cooperation.
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
Warren, New Jersey 07059
Complete MPN Employee Notification
MPN Employee Notification Posting Notice
DWC-1 Claim form http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/forms/ClaimForm2010.pdf
DWC-7 Posting Notice http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/forms/DWCForm7_2010.pdf
New Hire Pamphlet http://www.cwci.org/store.html (Purchase)
Employee Fact Sheet http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/FactSheets/Employee_FactSheet.pdf
For more information about claim management services from Chubb, contact your insurance agent or broker, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.