Excess & Umbrella Liability
Chubb’s Umbrella and Excess products provide a proven way to help protect you from spiraling legal costs and high liability
Chubb delivers a powerful combination of underwriting know-how, innovative products, exceptional client service, integrity
and world presence.
Chubb has deep expertise—rooted in more than 25 years of experience in the power industry—to provide power companies with
tailored products and services to better manage their unique risks.
Chubb provides insurance to a wide range of power operations:
- Gas and coal-fired power facilities
- Wind energy facilities
- Hydroelectric facilities
- Solar facilities
- Electric and gas utilities
- Methane extraction facilities
- Fuel cell producers
Whether it’s a gas turbine plant or a traditional coal-fired facility, your company can select from an array of Chubb power
insurance products featuring large capacity limits and specialized protection.
Chubb’s Customarq package policy responds to many specialized needs:
- $250,000 automatic blanket limit for certain property extensions (Aggregate limit can increase to $1 million, subject to underwriting guidelines.)
- All-risk property provides protection for turbines,boilers, transformers, powerhouses, solar panels,conveyors, fuel cells, shops, and offices
- Liability insurance provides protection for bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising injury.
- Business income valuation considers loss of kilowatt hours
- Builder's risk insurance available for new power facilities you develop
In addition to our package policy, Chubb offers you a full complement of products including commercial automobile, workers
compensation, pollution liability, umbrella and excess liability, directors & officers, crime, employment practices liability,
and kidnap/ransom and extortion insurance.
Why does a power company need Customarq? Consider the following scenario:
Responding to a vibration alarm at a power plant, the operator discovers that blades in the gas turbine have been destroyed.
To get back in operation fast, the plant rents an engine at a cost of $25,000 per day. The cost of repairing the multimillion-dollar
turbine and the extra expense of renting another had devastating effects on the power plant’s bottom line.
The impact of an unexpected loss like this could be catastrophic for your company.
- Global reach - Through an extensive network of wholly owned offices in 27 countries, Chubb provides locally admitted and global insurance
- Claim service - Accessible via a toll-free number from anywhere in the world, our Multinational Claim Unit provides service 24/7 in more
than 140 languages.
- Stability - Chubb consistently earns high ratings from A.M. Best Company for financial stability and from Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s
for claim-paying ability.
- Loss control - To help reduce the risk of loss and minimize the severity if a loss occurs, our risk engineers can offer loss-mitigation
and disaster planning services.
Learn more about: