If your company has international transportation exposure, CargoPort - our web-based application -will enable you manage your
Claim & Recovery
Chubb has a global network of claim professionals with expertise in claim handling, salvage and reconditioning, that can often
reduce insurance costs.
Chubb delivers a powerful combination of underwriting know-how, innovative products, exceptional client service, integrity
and world presence.
Chubb provides ocean cargo insurance even in diffficult or unique situations. We have insured such diverse cargoes as widgets
(a scraper for removing paint from windows), zoo animals, museum exhibits and even dirt (diatomaceous earth). Chubb specializes
in the following:
- Agricultural products
- Bulk liquids
- Commodity business
- Containerized consumer products
- Electronic components
- Food and beverage
- Industrial equipment
- Ores and minerals
- Perishable goods
- Project cargo
- Wood products
Chubb Marine Underwriters has a worldwide reputation for excellence in providing ocean cargo insurance products and services
to companies large and small, including:
- Air cargo carriers
- Customs brokers
- Freight forwarders
- Importers and exporters
- Logistics providers
- Multinational companies
- Ocean cargo carriers
- Project managers
- Wholesalers and retailers
Chubb’s Ocean Cargo policy includes several unique features not found in basic policies:
- “World to World” insurance (except where prohibited by law)
- Attachment of Risk stipulates the shipments to which the policy applies
- Broadened duration of risk includes loading at origin and unloading at destination
- Difference in Conditions extends insurance to shipments inadequately insured by the party required to insure pursuant to the
terms of sale.
- Warehouse-to-warehouse insurance protection is provided on a primary or contingent basis, based upon insurance interest at
the time of loss.
CargoPort by Chubb - Online Service Platform
Revolutionizing the way that you manage ocean cargo busienss worldwide, Chubb offers CargoPort by Chubb through @chubb, our
secure Internet site for agents, brokers and customers. The innovative CargoPort solution has robust, online features that
promote the ease of doing business.
- Policy issuance and invoicing
- Cargo certificate issuance
- Shipment/storage declarations
- Manangement Reports
- First notice of loss reporting
- Referrals, notifications and alerts
- Vessel verification
- OFAC searches
Why would a company need Chubb’s Ocean Cargo insurance? Consider the following scenario:
A cargo of linens arrives at its final insured destination on a Friday evening. The following morning when the warehouse personnel
arrive to unload the cargo, they discover the vehicle containing the linens is gone. The cost of the lost linens totals $110,000.
Chubb’s Ocean Cargo policy responds to this loss.
Service and Strength
At Chubb, we deliver more than solid insurance products. We support our customers through our renowned services, extensive
global network and financial strength. The Marine Services Unit of claim, recovery and loss control specialists delivers exceptional
service to our marine clients all over the world.
Our risk engineers are experienced in identifying potential hazards and mitigating or preventing loss. Examples include:
- End-to-end reviews of your supply chain, comparing your operations to known best practices.
- Post-incident analysis to isolate root causes of loss and develop actionable countermeasures.
Our worldwide network of claim representatives and surveyors ensure there is a Chubb professional handling the claim and expediting
the recovery process no matter where a loss occurs. Dedicated marine and transportation claim professionals are available
to respond to questions or concerns regarding an existing marine claim or recovery matter.
Our financial strength continues to earn high ratings from A.M. Best, Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s, leading evaluators of
insurance companies. Financial strength, combined with our underwriting expertise and claim service, means you can count on
Chubb to be there when you need us most.
Learn more about: