Multinational Directors & Officers Liability
Chubb can help risk managers of multinational companies who are wrestling with D&O liability exposure issues.
Exporters Package Portfolio
As long as your company has goods, services, or people going overseas,Chubb’s Exporters Package Portfolio could be the insurance solution you need.
Chubb Multinational Solutions offers important services both for customers and for agents and brokers.
From preventing a loss to handling a claim, we will connect you to multinational insurance resources virtually anywhere you
Controlled Master Program
A Controlled Master Program (CMP) pairs a master policy issued in the United States with local (admitted) policies issued
around the world. Chubb’s Controlled Master Program is the gold standard of insurance protection, financial efficiency and
outstanding client service worldwide. Two specialized products are offered:
World Network is Chubb’s international insurance contract for multinational companies that have established a physical presence outside
the United States. World Network provides a separate policy of primary multinational insurance or difference in conditions/excess
insurance when admitted policies are in place. It includes insurance for Property, Business Income, General Liability, Commercial
Automobile and Foreign Voluntary Workers Compensation.
Customarq Global insurance extends the terms and conditions of Chubb Customarq domestic policies to apply outside the United States, insuring worldwide exposures under one insurance contract. Customarq Global includes protection against any difference in conditions/excess insurance contained in policies issued outside the
A Controlled Master Program offers distinct advantages over a patchwork of policies approach.
- Close insurance gaps with the difference in conditions / difference in limits provision of the master policy while meeting
local country requirements.
- Purchase admitted insurance to gain access to unique insurances that are common in certain countries (e.g., extended products
liability and pure financial loss) and existing terrorism pools.
- Coordinate the purchase of all multinational insurance policies through one carrier to achieve economies of scale that will
eliminate duplications and likely reduce insurance costs.
- Realize tax advantages. In most foreign countries, locally paid premiums are tax deductible, and loss payments are tax exempt.
- Ensure subrogation benefits by purchasing local insurance. Many countries require admitted insurance in order to subrogate
a loss. This can potentially lower insurance costs.
Outstanding Client Service
- Manage claims consistently with worldwide claims coordination. A CMP streamlines settlements by having the same insurer handle
admitted and nonadmitted claims.
- Extend loss prevention programs and business practices with worldwide loss control coordination. Our global network of loss
control professionals is well-versed in local regulations and U.S. standards.
Service and Strength
Chubb Multinational Solutions includes the industry’s leading commercial underwriters, knowledgeable in a broad range of disciplines
and geographic regions. We know world markets inside out — from environmental impairment liability in Germany to pure financial
loss in France — and stay informed about political and economic developments that can indicate the need for new or updated
insurance. In addition, Chubb provides the coordination advantage of one underwriting group dedicated to overseeing all the
foreign, as well as domestic, components of your multinational insurance program.
Our innovative portfolio of products is designed to address the property and casualty needs of companies at any stage of development
engaged in worldwide business.
Chubb’s world connections include owned operations in 27 countries, long-standing affiliate relationships with local insurance
companies in the countries where we do not have owned operations, combined with a network of correspondent agents and brokers
— some 100 in more than 70 countries.
Chubb’s international capabilities have been honed over decades of worldwide insurance experience, and we have maintained
an A.M. Best’s rating of A+ or higher for the past 50 years. Chubb’s reputation for integrity reaches back more than a century.
Learn more about: