Texas Health Care Network
September 1, 2011
Texas Pharmacy Program - New Information
Notice to Texas Employers Only
Injured Worker's First Fill Prescription Form
November 16, 2010
Texas Health Care Network (HCN) Regulation Change as of January 1, 2011
We wanted to update you on some changes to Texas’s Health Care Network (HCN) Regulations that take effect on January 1, 2011.
As of that date, Section 415.015 of the Texas Workers Compensation Act requires that all Voluntary and Informal Networks become
certified workers compensation health care networks pursuant to Section 135.051 of the Texas Insurance Code. As you know,
Texas defines voluntary networks as healthcare provider networks that are established under a contract between an insurance
carrier and health care provider with a specific fee. After January 1, 2011, voluntary and informal networks will no longer
be allowed to offer discounted provider fees and must only apply medical fee schedule reductions.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you are currently participating in a certified HCN, you do not need to make any changes to your Texas program.
- If you are currently enrolled in an HCN, you will continue to direct medical care for your injured employees. Preferred rates
may apply dependent upon HCN provider contractual obligations.
- As of January 1, 2011, if you are not enrolled in a certified HCN, provider fees will be subjected to the Workers Compensation
fee guidelines in Texas and no reductions below fee schedule will be allowed.
At Chubb, we believe that timely, appropriate medical care and early reporting of a claim is the best approach to containing
your workers compensation costs and assuring your employees receive appropriate care. Participation in the Texas HCN will
help support medical cost containment and facilitate prompt return to work. If you do not already participate in the HCN
and are interested in participating, please notify Chubb prior to implementation so that you will be in compliance.
To find a provider in the HCN, follow these steps
- Go to http://www.corvel.com
- Click Provider Look Up
- Click on Search
- Select a network = Texas CorCare Certified Network
- Select the specialty/specialties your are needing (Treating Providers will already be selected for you)
- Enter the zip code
- Click Find Providers
Thank you for your cooperation.
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
Warren, New Jersey 07059
Learn more about: