For more than 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance
products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 12th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries
staffed by 10,200 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $52.2 billion in assets and $13.6 billion in revenues in 2012.
According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently
strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best
at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable and specialized products backed by financial strength
and third-party endorsements.
What We Deliver to our Producers and Customers
- We maintain a reputation for fairness and integrity by treating every customer — from policy issuance to claim settlement
— as we would want to be treated.
- Agent and broker associations, industry analysts and publications the world over consistently honor Chubb for our service
quality — especially claims service.
- It’s easy to do business with us through our global network of offices staffed by Chubb underwriters, risk engineers and claims
specialists. Our claims service is available 24/7. In addition, we provide a variety of online risk and insurance management
- We have vast experience and expertise in managing personal and commercial exposures. For nearly 70 years, Chubb’s commercial
risk engineers have provided an array of services that have helped our customers minimize loss potential. In addition, some
150 appraisers help our personal insurance customers safeguard their homes, possessions and families.
- We work with the most expert and service-oriented agents and brokers in the business, helping ensure the best possible insurance
experience for our customers.
A Promise Backed by Financial Strength
- The member insurers of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies earn the highest rating for financial strength from A.M. Best
Company. Three of our member insurers are among the few insurers that have achieved A.M. Best’s highest rating for more than
- Chubb also earns high ratings for financial strength from Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s.
A One-stop Source for Business
Chubb offers businesses more than 170 commercial insurance products, which are innovative, comprehensive and tailored to individual
customer needs. In addition, Chubb offers a wide range of accident and health insurance products and construction and commercial
- Innovative Products. Chubb invented or was among the first providers of the package policy, E&O for electronics firms, R&D business income, employment
practices liability, the exporters package, all-risk ocean cargo, cyber liability and other products. And unlike most other
domestic insurers, we can deliver many products on a global basis through locally admitted policies and ensure consistent
limits and coverage through controlled master programs. Recent product and service innovations from Chubb include two online
systems, u•writer and WORLDcert. Agents and brokers use u•writer to quote, bind and issue builders risk, contractors equipment
and motor truck cargo insurance policies. WORLDcert enables drug and medical device developers to quickly secure required
insurance documentation for clinical trials around the globe.
- Scalability. Many of our products, such as our Customarq Classic package, E&O and our multinational program-related coverages, are designed to grow with our customers. Larger companies willing
to assume a portion of their own risk can access a variety of alternative risk transfer mechanisms through Chubb’s risk management
- Specialized Expertise. We create tailored solutions for firms in such areas as banking and other financial services, energy production, entertainment,
health care, information and network technology, law and other professional services, life sciences, marine operations, museums
and cultural institutions, not-for-profit organizations, privately owned businesses, and real estate. We also specialize in
such product areas as umbrella/excess, ocean cargo, multinational, environmental, directors and officers liability, and employment
practices liability. Chubb is one of the largest writers of the “package policy,” which is the heart of most insurance programs.
We also are the number one writer of crime and financial fidelity bonds in North America and the fifth largest insurer of
U.S. construction and commercial surety bonds.
- Assurance From Others. Our specialized expertise, products and services have resulted in endorsements from the Association of Corporate Counsel,
Biotechnology Industry Association, Medical Device Manufacturers Association, Media Financial Management Association, Women
Presidents’ Organization and other organizations.
A One-stop Source for Individuals
Chubb offers an array of property and casualty insurance products for individuals and families with fine homes and possessions.
Our customers include many of the most affluent families in the world, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and top art collectors.
Like our commercial products, our personal insurance policies are innovative, scalable and supported by specialized expertise.
Our Masterpiece® suite of products — long the standard of excellence in the affluent market — offers insurance for custom, historic and vacation
homes; valuable possessions; automobiles and collector cars; watercraft and up to $50 million in excess liability. Chubb is
one of the few insurers to offer extended replacement cost coverage, which pays to rebuild a home after a covered loss even
if the cost is greater than the policy limit.
The range of complimentary services we provide customers includes: home appraisal to determine accurate replacement cost and
provide life safety recommendations; prescreened property restoration referrals for claims; identity fraud prevention and
mitigation services; and, in 14 states, wildfire defense services. We also provide numerous online payment options and ePolicy,TM the ability to receive your policy securely via the Internet.